Julia's Collections

When my mother passed away 20 years ago, my sisters and I had the not-so-fun job of going through her treasures. No one spoke for her recipe collections, so I grabbed them. You see, my mom was a fantastic cook. It seemed a shame to me to have those recipes go unclaimed! Well, here we are, 20 years later; and those recipes have rested in their special place on my closet shelf waiting to be tried . . . .

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Perfect for a Cold Night - Hamburger Minestrone Soup

Try this delicious and easy soup recipe - made enough for four and the same amount to freeze.

HAMBURGER MINESTRONE SOUP
1 lb. ground beef
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup cubed potatoes
1 cup cubed carrots
1/2 cup cubed celery
1 cup shredded cabbage
1 No. 2 can tomatoes
1/4 cup rice
1 small bay leaf
1/2 tsp. thyme
1/4 tsp. basil
Salt & pepper
1½ quarts water
Brown hamburger & onions. Add potatoes & bring to boil. Add remaining ingredients. Cook 1 hour. Put grated Parmesan cheese on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment